3 ways to protect your business against ransomware attacks
A ransomware attack could have absolutely devastating consequences for your business, costing you sensitive company data and untold sums of money to retrieve it. This is not a risk you should be prepared to take under any circumstances.
A three-pronged approach for maximum protection
We have made it our business to understand ransomware attacks, specifically how this malware enters companies in the first place. Based on this, we have adopted a three-pronged approach to ransomware defence, offering our clients maximum protection against this unpredictable and constantly evolving threat:
- Mimecast TTP: protects against malicious URLs, email attachments, social engineering, impersonation attacks, and internal email threats
- Sophos Central Server Protection Advanced: secures business-critical servers through server application whitelisting, advanced anti-malware and behaviour analysis
- Sophos Intercept X and Anti-Virus: proven to stop ransomware in its tracks, including all Wanna and Petya variants, by blocking the unauthorised encryption of files
What you can do
As a business, you need to ensure every measure is taken to prevent ransomware attacks. You can start by:
- Getting the best cyber protection you can afford: go with tried and tested products, and ensure the products you choose offer complete protection with no gaps for opportunistic cybercriminals
- Educating your staff: employees must be aware of the potentially damaging consequences of opening unsolicited emails and attachments, unknown links and web adverts, and social media messages from unknown sources
- Adopting thorough back-up protocols: backing up all your systems is the only way to ensure you never lose data in a cyberattack, and that your business cannot be held to ransom should ransomware strike
Winstel is able to assess your organisation’s cyber protection needs, and tailormake a solution based on these specific requirements to offer your business the ultimate in cybecrime protection.
Contact David Moffett on 011 465 4433 or email@example.com to make an appointment.
*Source: Allianz Risk Barometer, 16 January 2018, Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS). The 2018 report is based on the insight of 1 911 risk experts from 80 countries.